- Classroom -
Boeing AV-8B Harrier N/A
Joint Task Force Heavy [HVY] pilots are expected to learn all the time. Please use the references posted to better your knowledge as a pilot, and with the science of aviation. If you are aware of great content that should be here, contact us so we can add it to our database. Counter to that - if you see faulty information, contact us for its removal!
HARRIER SECTION - Expectations: All VMA-290 Harrier pilots will be tested via demonstration on the following procedures for qualification to fly combat missions with outside squadrons:
- TUTORIAL HERE
- Engine and Systems Start-Up.
- Taxi and Radio Procedures, Ground/ATC/Squadron.
- Takeoff - Heavy Load-Out, Light Load-Out, STOL, Land and Sea.
- Employment of Guns, Sidearms, Sidewinder, Maverick, Dumb, Cluster, and Guided Munitions.
- ECM, Chaff and Flare Countermeasures Deployment.
- Nap-of-the-Earth Flight.
- Cross Country Navigation.
- Landing Procedures, Land and Sea.
- TUTORIAL HERE
1. DCS AV-8B NA Harrier Controls, Cockpit Tutorial
2. DCS AV-8B Harrier Basic Weapons Tutorial
3. DCS AV-8B NA Harrier TACAN and ILS/AWLS Navigation Tutorial
4. DCS AV-8B Harrier Manual Way-point and Designation Tutorial
5. Harrier EHSD Moving Map and Realistic UFC Radio Tutorial
6. DCS AV-8B NA Harrier CCRP / CCIP /AUTO and Laser Guided Bombing Tutorial
7. DCS AV-8B NA Harrier AGM-65 Maverick Tutorial
8. DCS AV-8B NA Harrier Sidearm SEAD Tutorial
9. DCS AV-8B NA Harrier DMT / LST / NAVFLIR and NVG Sensor Tutorial
10. DCS AV-8B Harrier TGP / TPOD Tutorial
11. DCS AV-8B Harrier VTOL Tutorial
12. DCS AV-8B Harrier Tarawa Landing Tutorial